Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Oh God - I love thee




Oh God - I love thee two loves


One love is the compassionate love

and the other love because you deserve it.


The compassionate love is that I left this world for you.


The source of my suffering and loneliness 
is deep in my heart.  

This is a disease no doctor can cure.  
Only Union with the Friend can cure it." 

And you deserve my love because you opened all walls in front of me so I can see you.


No praise for me for both loves
Only you I praise for this love and that love.



I love You with two loves-a selfish love

And a Love that You are worthy of.


As for the selfish love, it is that I think of You,

To the exclusion of everything else.


And as for the Love that You are worthy of,

Ah! That I no longer see any creature, but I see only You!


There is no praise for me in either of these loves,

But the praise in both is for You."


Your prayers are your light
Your devotion is your strength

Sleep is the enemy of both.
Your life is the only opportunity that life can give you.

If you ignore it, if you waste it,
You will only turn to dust.




Quote:  Rābiʻah al-ʻAdawīyah

Rabiah al-Adawiyah
Female mystic of slave origin from Basra, introduced the doctrine of selfless love. 

Demonstrated the importance of attitude and spiritual motivation for actions, rather than mere ritual correctness. 

Emphasized ascetic detachment, renunciation of the world, meditation, and love of God. 

She was born between 95 and 99 Hijri in BasraIraq

Syafuan Gani
Doha, Qatar

No comments:

Post a Comment