Thursday, January 17, 2013

I want to run to You.



Let me hide in You


From everything that distracts me from You,


From everything that comes in my way


When I want to run to You.



O God, Another Night is passing away,   

Another Day is rising
Tell me that I have spent the Night well so I can be at peace,
Or that I have wasted it, so I can mourn for what is lost.
I swear that ever since the first day You brought me back to life,
The day You became my Friend,
I have not slept --
And even if You drive me from your door,
I swear again that we will never be separated.
Because You are alive in my heart.


  
My joy 
My Hunger, My Shelter, My Friend, My Food for the journey
 
My journey's End, You are my breath, My hope,
My companion, My craving,
My abundant wealth.
Without You  my Life, my Love
 
I would never have wandered across these endless countries.
You have poured out so much grace for me,
Done me so many favors, given me so many gifts
I look everywhere for Your love
 
Then suddenly I am filled with it.
O Captain of my Heart
Radiant Eye of Yearning in my breast,
I will never be free from You
As long as I live.
Be satisfied with me, Love,
And I am satisfied.



Quote:  –Rabia Al-Adawiyah

Rabiah al-Adawiyah
Female mystic of slave origin from Basra, introduced the doctrine of selfless love. 

Demonstrated the importance of attitude and spiritual motivation for actions, rather than mere ritual correctness. 

Emphasized ascetic detachment, renunciation of the world, meditation, and love of God. 

She was born between 95 and 99 Hijri in BasraIraq

In the night in a dream and told her father, "Your newly born daughter is a favorite of the Lord, and shall lead many Muslims to the right path. 

Syafuan Gani
Doha, Qatar

No comments:

Post a Comment