Friday, January 18, 2013

fire to Heaven , with my beloved



I carry a torch in one hand

And a bucket of water in the other


With these things, I am going to set fire to Heaven


And put out the flames of Hell


So that voyagers to God can rip the veils


And see the real goal.


My greatest Need is You

Your hope in my heart is the rarest treasure
Your Name on my tongue is the sweetest word
My choicest hours
Are the hours I spend with You –
O Allah, I can’t live in this world
Without remembering You–
How can I endure the next world
Without seeing Your face?
I am a stranger in Your country
And lonely among Your worshippers:
This is the substance of my complain.


Reality

 In love, nothing exists between heart and heart.
Speech is born out of longing,
True description from the real taste.
The one who tastes, knows;
the one who explains, lies.
How can you describe the true form of Something
In whose presence you are blotted out?
And in whose being you still exist?
And who lives as a sign for your journey?

Take away the words of the devil

O God, take away the words of the devil
That mix with my prayer–
If not, then take my prayer as it is, devil and all.   


With My Beloved

With my Beloved I alone have been,
When secrets tenderer than evening airs
Passed, and the Vision blest
Was granted to my prayers,
That crowned me, else obscure, with endless fame;
The while amazed between
His Beauty and His Majesty
I stood in silent ecstasy
Revealing that which o’er my spirit went and came.
Lo, in His face commingled
Is every charm and grace;
The whole of Beauty singled
Into a perfect face
Beholding Him would cry,
‘There is no God but He, and He is the most High.’



Quote:  Rābiʻah al-ʻAdawīyah

Rabiah al-Adawiyah
Female mystic of slave origin from Basra, introduced the doctrine of selfless love. 

Demonstrated the importance of attitude and spiritual motivation for actions, rather than mere ritual correctness. Emphasized ascetic detachment, renunciation of the world, meditation, and love of God. 

She was born between 95 and 99 Hijri in BasraIraq

Rabi`a with all her heart and famous with hestatement, "If you want anything fromme for the Face of Allah, He will give you your reward, but if you want
anything from me for yourself only, I have nothing to give you.  
I have everything that I need from my Beloved God and I do not need anything from
any human being."

Syafuan Gani
Doha, Qatar

No comments:

Post a Comment