Friday, January 18, 2013

the love of God



I want to put out the fires of Hell, and burn down the rewards of Paradise. 

They block the way to God. 


I do not want to worship from fear of punishment or for the promise of reward, but simply for the love of God." 


“Your prayers are your light;
Your devotion is your strength;
Sleep is the enemy of both.
Your life is the only opportunity that life can give you.
If you ignore it, if you waste it,
You will only turn to dust.


O my Lord,
Whatever you have apportioned to me of worldly things
Give it all to my enemies.

And whatever you have apportioned to me
in the world to come,
Give that to my friends.

For you are sufficient for me


"O God, my whole occupation

And all my desire in this world,

Of all worldly things,

Is to remember You.


And in the Hereafter

It is to meet You.


This is on my side, as I have stated.

Now You do whatever You will."


  
My Greatest Need is You

Your hope in my heart is the rarest treasure
Your Name on my tongue is the sweetest word
My choicest hours
Are the hours I spend with You


O Allah, I can't live in this world
Without remembering You
How can I endure the next world
Without seeing Your face?


I am a stranger in Your country
And lonely among Your worshippers
This is the substance of my complaint.


Quote:  Rābiʻah al-ʻAdawīyah

Rabiah al-Adawiyah

She would pass the whole night in prayer, after she had finished her household jobs. She spent many of her days observing fast.
Once the master of the house got up in the middle of the night, and was attracted by the voice in which Rabia was praying to her Lord. She was entreating in these terms:

"Lord! You know well that my keen desire is to carry out Your commandments and to serve Thee with all my heart, O light of my eyes. If I were free I would pass the whole day and night in prayers. But what should I do when you have made me a slave of a human being?"

She was born between 95 and 99 Hijri in BasraIraq. In the night in a dream and told her father, "Your newly born daughter is a favorite of the Lord, and shall lead many Muslims to the right path.

You should approach the Amir of Basra and present him with a letter in which should be written this message: 'You offer Durood to the Holy Prophet one hundred times every night and four hundred times every Thursday night. However, since you failed to observe the rule last Thursday, as a penalty you must pay the bearer four hundred dinars'".

Once she said She said:
 "O God, whatsoever You have apportioned to me of worldly
things,
Give that to Your enemies,
And what You have apportioned to me in the Hereafter,
Give that to Your Friends,
For You suffice me."


Syafuan Gani
Doha, Qatar

No comments:

Post a Comment