Friday, February 1, 2013

Be With Those Who Help Your Being



Be with those who help your being.
Don't sit with indifferent people, whose breath
comes cold out of their mouths.
Not these visible forms, your work is deeper.

A chunk of dirt thrown in the air breaks to pieces.
If you don't try to fly,
and so break yourself apart,
you will be broken open by death,
when it's too late for all you could become.

Leaves get yellow. The tree puts out fresh roots
and makes them green.

Why are you so content with a love that turns you yellow? 


Did I Not Say To You

Did I not say to you, “Go not there, for I am your friend; in this mirage of annihilation I am the fountain of life?” 

Even though in anger you depart a hundred thousand years from me, in the end you will come to me, for I am your goal. 

Did I not say to you, “Be not content with worldly forms, for I am the fashioner of the tabernacle of your contentment?” 

Did I not say to you, “I am the sea and you are a single fish; 
go not to dry land, for I am your crystal sea?” 

Did I not say to you, “ Go not like birds to the snare; come, for I am the power of flight and your wings and feet?” 

Did I not say to you, “ They will waylay you and make you cold, for I am the fire and warmth and heat of your desire?” 

Did I not say to you, “ They will implant in you ugly qualities
so that you will forget that I am the source of purity to you?” 

Did I not say to you, “Do not say from what direction the servant’s affairs come into order?” 

I am the Creator without directions. 

If you are the lamp of the heart, know where the road is to the house; 

and if you are godlike of attribute, know that I am your Maser. 



Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Balkhī , also known as Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī  (30 September 1207 – 17 December 1273), was a 13th-century  Muslim poet, jurist, theologian, and Sufi mystic.

For Rumi, the Divine purpose behind all of creation is to reveal the true dimensions of Divine Love. 
He often referred I was a Hidden Treasure and I loved to be known  as he wrote :
        
        Come, Come, Whoever You Are
Wonderer, worshipper, lover of leaving.
It doesn't matter.

Ours is not a caravan of despair.
Come, even if you have broken your vow
a thousand times
Come, yet again, come, come. 

Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi." Allah wanted to express His/Her Love and voila creation unfolded and continues to unfold through Love! 

It is our task to grow in appreciation, gratitude and consciousness of this Love. There's no greater reason to be alive.

Many are fascinated with Rumi's mystic identification and all-encompassing spiritual love for his mentor Shams al-Din of Tabriz as He wrote :
          I was dead ,I became alive ,              
          I was tears, I became laughter
          The majesty of love came  
          And I became an everlasting majesty myself

Syafuan Gani
Doha, Qatar

No comments:

Post a Comment