Friday, February 1, 2013

When I die...



When I die
when my coffin is being taken out

you must never think i am missing this world
don't shed any tears
don't lament or feel sorry

i'm not falling into a monster's abyss
when you see my corpse is being carried

don't cry for my leaving
i'm not leaving 
i'm arriving at eternal love


when you leave me in the grave
don't say goodbye
remember a grave is only a curtain
for the paradise behind


you'll only see me descending into a grave
now watch me rise how can there be an end
when the sun sets or the moon goes down
it looks like the end


it seems like a sunset
but in reality it is a dawn
when the grave locks you up
that is when your soul is freed


have you ever seen a seed fallen to earth
not rise with a new life


why should you doubt the rise of a seed named human
have you ever seen a bucket lowered into a well


coming back empty why lament for a soul
when it can come back like Joseph from the well


when for the last time you close your mouth
your words and soul will belong to the world of


The time has come...


the time has come to break all my promises
tear apart all chains and cast away all advice


disassemble the heavens link by link and break at once
all lovers' ties with the sword of death


put cotton inside both my ears and close them to
all words of wisdom crash the door and enter the chamber
where all sweet things are hidden


how long can I beg and bargain  for the things of this world
while love is waiting

how long before i can rise beyond
how i am and what i am




Rumi’s  was born on 30 September 1207 and  died on 17 December 1273 in Konya in Seljuqid Rum popularity has gone beyond national and ethnic borders. He is considered to be one of the classical poets, by the speakers of Persian language in Iran, Afghanistan and Tajikistan. He wrote :

I'm neither beautiful nor ugly neither this nor that
I'm neither the peddler in the market  nor the nightingale  in the rose garden

Teacher give me a name so that I'll know what to call myself
I'm neither slave nor free neither candle nor iron
I've not fallen in love with anyone nor is anyone in love with me

Whether I'm sinful or good sin and goodness come from another not from me
Wherever He drags me I go with no say in the matter

For many years, he had a great influence on Turkish literature.

Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi." Allah wanted to express His/Her Love and voila creation unfolded and continues to unfold through Love! 

Syafuan Gani
Doha, Qatar

No comments:

Post a Comment